Things I wish I would have done before having kids:
1. Went to medical school. Maybe then I would know when a cough is just a cough.
2. Took a nude photo of myself. I wish I could remember what it was like to be thin.
3. Really rocked a pair of Christian Louboutin heels. 'Cause flats are all that's in my future!
4. Bought a really fast, cool car. I can hold a lotta kids- but very few horses.
5. Never got into the big bag trend. There's plenty of time for me to tote my giganta-purse/diaperbag.
Anything else you can think of?
I wish I would have traveled more, I hate flying with kids.
I wish I would have went skydiving, I wouldnt have had to worry about "accidents"
I wish I would have blown money on too many clothes and make-up I didnt need
I wish I would have moved out of Michigan, and to a warmer state.
I don't know. I had a great life before I had children and then, when my wife and I got married, we had a great life together.
I was twenty-five and she was twenty-three when we had our first little tax deduction and we wanted to wait until we were thirty or so because we felt like we wanted to travel and have an adventure before we got tied down with children.
And it's so funny when I remember that we felt that way because looking back I just can't imagine what we could have done that would be any better, any sweeter, or any more fulfilling than having a house full of kids.
We're going to be adopting our first child in a couple of months and if you had me back in my rock and roll days that I'd be a farmer and married with five (soon to be six) children and thinking it was the greatest thing that ever happened, I'd have thought you were crazy.
Now, I can't imagine anything else.
Don't get me wrong. I love my new life with kids. Sometimes I just wish I had an alternate-universe waiting for me when I need a break. (and this alternate universe has to have hovercars)
I would have lived in other countries more.
I would have purchased real estate in NY before it got completely out of control, like it is now.
Other than that, I was totally ready.
(And I still plan on doing all of the above someday! )
I would have saved more money!
I would have gotten to know my husband's family more and let someone else have had the first grandchild!
I would have established a regular girl's night out.
I would have made love to my husband more.
I would have slept in more nights.
Gone on more dates.
Traveled to different countries.
Finished nursing school.
Saved some money.
But you know, even though there's is a lot of things I would have done differently; I still don't regret even one minute of my life. I LOVE being a mom! I love watching my daughter grow and learn new things. I love seeing her beautiful smile. And I can't wait to have more! Also, you never know, I sitll might do a couple of things on my "to do list". But if I don't, then that's okay.
There is nothing I wish I had done before starting a family. I've already seen the world, gone to school (still going, will always be going I think), have great job, was married, built a new house, spent lots of time with my friends and even more with my DH (10yrs), spent lazy days doing nothing for hours on end.....
Maybe saved more money, but I don't think there's ever an abundance of that for anyone these days. We have retirement funds going strong, savings accounts set up and growing well...so, that doesn't seem that big of an "I wish".
I was on the wrong train when I found out I was pregnant with my first so that day was the "wake up and take a look at what you've done with yourself" day. It was absolutely the best day of my life! I was 19 so there are A LOT of things I wish I could have done before I had kids. Being a mom is so wonderful. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I can't imagine for a second doing the things I wish I could have done then without my kids in the picture!
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. " - Eleanor Roosevelt
1. I wish I would have finished college. It's so hard trying to go to school, work and spend time with my 1 year old daughter.
2. I wish I would have traveled. A lot. I love traveling with her but sometimes I just want do all grown up activities but can't when she's with me.
3. I wish I would have went out to clubs and partied with my friends. Now finding a babysitter is not that easy cause you have be picky about who you leave your children with.
4. I wish my financial situation was a lot better before I had her. Then I wouldn't have to work so hard now.
5. I wish I would have shopped til I dropped 'cause now all of my money go to her.
It's so many more. I wouldn't change the child, just the time in my life that I had her.