View Full Version : Signing.. please help me!
02-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I am new here, I am mama to a signing 13m old little girl. I am also in school, aiming to go for midwifery. Currently I am taking a statistics class and I'm doing my project on how sign language effects verbal development in toddlers. If you wouldn't mind, I could use all the data I can get. Please answer the following questions for me:
1. What is your child's gender and birthdate?
2. How many signs does he/she use?
3. How many words does he/she speak?
Thank you so much for your help, please let me know if you are interested in the results when I have them, I'd be happy to share.
02-17-2009, 02:09 PM
1. Female 14 months old
Good Luck! And pls post results!
02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
1- girl 28 mths old
3- 100 or more!!
02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
1. What is your child's gender and birthdate? boy july 2002
2. How many signs does he/she use? about 10
3. How many words does he/she speak? over 100 (he has autism and is at 2yo level
1. What is your child's gender and birthdate? girl feb 2005
2. How many signs does he/she use? over 10
3. How many words does he/she speak? all
Signs we use since 9months: more, finished, stop, no, wait, play, drink, eat, bubbles, milk, please, i love you, abc's, thank you, yes, no, swing, maybe more but that is all I can think of for now.
As another comment- my son struggled greatly and still does in learning to put words together. It has greatly helped his dealing with frustration with autism. Words are hard for them but using their hands it easier- could be a good study all by itself!!
02-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Female 26 months
she speaks over 150 words
Female 14 months
she speaks about 15 words
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
he uses about 5 signs now, down from 15-18 before he spoke
speaks about 150 words
03-03-2009, 04:08 PM
1. What is your child's gender and birthdate? Female, 5.2.07, 22 months
2. How many signs does he/she use? 8-10
3. How many words does he/she speak? 15-20
Please post results! Thank you!
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
1. Female/June 3rd, 2007 (21 months TODAY!)
2. Approximately 75 +/-
3. 200-250 + (learns at a rate of about 5-10/day)
(I just want to add that it probably seems hard to believe, but she is very advanced in this area, and the approximation of words she can say aloud is so vague because I stopped counting around 175-200 and I know she has learned TONS of words since then. If it's of any more use she uses short 2-3 word sentences as well)
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
26 months old male
30 - 40 signs
does not speak well only a few words, still baby talk
it seems like he ratgher sign it instead of speaking
we had his hearing checked and it is ok so now we have an appt with speech pathologist.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.