View Full Version : At my wit's end!
01-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Ok. I have a 2 yr old and a 6 week old. My 2 yr old was an angel before the new baby came along. She was a well behaved child who helped clean the house and did everything I asked. NOW she is the total opposite. She is always throwing temper tantrums for no reason. She refuses to take naps or go to bed at night. She is doing things that, before the new baby, she never did because she knew they were a " no-no". I feel like all I do is yell at her. Although I do realize that yelling is not effective becasue she still does not listen. But she doesn't listen if I talk calmly either. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like a terrible mother. I spend 75% of my day taking care of the new baby and the other 25% of the day fighting/discipling my 2 yr old. I don't want her to feel like I love her less or that I am being mean. I just want my angel back.
01-17-2009, 10:10 PM
my kisd are 2 yrs apart. when i brought home cludia charlotte was good at first then after about 2 weeks she turned into a little monster. it helped to have he help. get a diper or a pasifier. i also bought her a speical doll with the crib and the high chair and such so she could be a mommy too. but the most important thing that helped was spending a little one on one time with her. not having dad put her to bed instead of me. going to the park or the mall just the two of us, even for an hour between feedings. Charlotte also liked to sit with me while i nursed Cludia. Just little things to help her know she was still important. i think i yelled alot too. i gets better once the little on is 5 or 6 months old and now they are 3 and 1 and its a blast. enjoy. the hard part is you dont get any sleep because you still have to be up at 630 or 7 with the two year old.
01-30-2009, 09:36 AM
try asking whats wrong or mabe when that happens you should give her a nap
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.