View Full Version : Tips for Dads?
03-05-2008, 04:44 PM
My wife's due date is April 12, and we just finished Lamaze. And while we both got a lot out of that class, I wanted to see what 'must try' things we should try while she's in labor... breathing, birth ball, positions, etc.
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
My husband was the most wonderful birth partner. So great my midwife said he could be a doula. But here's what he did....He listened to me through labor. He studied the different positions with me and knew which ones to suggest. I remember vividly sitting on the excercise ball with my husband sitting in a chair behind me. I would rock my hips when I had a contraction and he would either apply pressure to the sides of my hips or would rub my lower back. It really helped.
03-06-2008, 08:29 PM
My husband was good through both my labors, too. When a big contraction would hit (I was already in the bed), he would let me grip his hand super-tight, and look me straight in the eyes and help me breathe through it. There's only so much you can breathe through, of course, :) but it helped so much to have that focus.
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I couldn't have asked for a better person than my hubby when I was going through labor and delivery with both my girls. Dh knew that what I would need more than anything was distraction. So he would talk to me, make me laugh--anything and everything he could think of.
03-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Well u can do for her...
1. Give her some of ices to eat
2. Give her some of water to drink
4. Hold her hands if she squeeze u so hard
5. Massage her lower back to help less pain
5. Walk around hallway if ur wife is up to do it and help her labor fast
6. Put wet rag on her forehead
7. Let her ***** u out and scream at u (haha)
8. Listen to ur wife if she need Nurse and press button
9. Support her decison if need Medication or Natural birth without Medication
10. Cut the baby's cord as ur memory
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.